Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Mods for my EB

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I think I have decided what I want to do for the EcoBoost. Nothing super soon, but my eventual plans:

- 2" Leveling kit (probably Bilstein 5100 ride adjustable shocks)
b2ee1fd617.jpg

- 275/65R20 Wrangler DuraTracs (Roughly 34x11)
gy_wranglerdt_owl_ci2_l.jpg

Other small things I need to do:
- Line-X
- Remove pull bar from tailgate (keep the step, it rocks), allowing me to remove the plastic liner from the gate and Line-x
- Remove front plate and install cover plate where frame was. Illegal yeah but it doesn't harm anyone so I'll give it a shot until I get pulled over.
- Paint tail light bezels black - (info here)

38065d1301939302t-painted-edges-taillights-looks-very-clean-easy-do-4.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Can't go wrong with Bilstein's and I hear good things about the Duratracs. Maybe I have an untrained eye...but I'm not seeing the difference between the before and after taillight shots.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
He blacked out the small outline of chrome-like finish.

I don't know, Chris... Since they already blacked out most of it, I kind of like that crisp line of chrome. It's total preference, though.

Ryan

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
My truck has black everything-- bumpers, mirrors, grill, gunmetal wheels... So those chrome bezels on the taillights stick out like sore thumbs. Trust me, you'd agree if you saw it in person.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
My truck has black everything-- bumpers, mirrors, grill, gunmetal wheels... So those chrome bezels on the taillights stick out like sore thumbs. Trust me, you'd agree if you saw it in person.

I like it blacked out!!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Nice ride . Wish they had smaller mirrors . The one on the F350 r nuts

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
They do have smaller mirrors, but these ones come with the max tow package. I actually like them a lot better. And they'll look even more awesome after I get bigger tires :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts