Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Starting issues

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
85 f350, It will start cold just fine, but after getting to temp it won't fire. It cranks fine just won't fire. Getting plenty of fuel, and i checked the coil by putting a spark plug on it. When cranked I didn't see any spark until the key was let go of, then i would see one tiny little spark. I have already replaced cap and rotor and coil. Plugs and wires are on the list, but i've ruled them out as i'm not actually getting spark to them. Could the ignition module be going bad? If it gets hot would it stop working correctly, then after cooling be ok? Any help would be appreciated.

Alot of times when the timing is advance a little bit too much, they will cold start just fine, but when you drive them somewhere and the engine gets warmed up, they wnt hardly crank over or are real hard to get started/fired when you get back in to start em up.

May not be your problem, but easy enough to try

primetime

sawmill slave
It`s possible the module is acting up, throw another one it and see what happens. Could also be a wire hearing up. The next time it happens, throw a test light on the negative side of the coil. It flash on and off while you crank the engine over if everything is up to snuff.

HazzardMadWolf

Go Fast Turn Left
Yeah I know it's not a timing issue, it cranks just fine. I think I'll try a ignition module, i've got a dead draw some where maybe that could be the issue as well.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts