Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

making friends on another site

blacksnapon

Staff member
I just told a poster "elsewhere", that was complaining about his dealer, not being able to diagnose his truck (KEM programmer, dpf deleted, cat deleted, egr deleted), Oh yeah, with the one I like "You're gonna owe me a grand, if you reflash and screw up my controller", Just call KEM for a list of all the reference values, so they can see which ones are out of spec. Ya reckon I'll get tossed for that?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hard to say Vince. God knows you're in the right, so if you do get some guff, rest assured you did the right thing ;)

blacksnapon

Staff member
Thats why I got disgusted with our "favorite" site. and came here. How can you repair an engine that is totally controlled by computer, after the settings have been "adjusted", and there is no way you can see which ones have been changed, and how much. You have a tendency to get burned out listening to people asking for ways to better screw the dealership personnel.

Fellro

Staff member
Most are out after the freebies any more, no more honest people that work on the level, if they can take someone, they do it. Sucks when you actually want to help the idiots....

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Thats why I got disgusted with our "favorite" site. and came here. How can you repair an engine that is totally controlled by computer, after the settings have been "adjusted", and there is no way you can see which ones have been changed, and how much. You have a tendency to get burned out listening to people asking for ways to better screw the dealership personnel.

But VINCE!

[FTE WHINE]If we don't advertise and SELL that crap, then try to FIX it, the ADVERTISERS will pull the PLUG smiliecrybaby [/FTE WHINE]

[SARCASM]God ForBID THAT should happen, instead of being HONEST[/SARCASM]:drop: :D

Gunner

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona

I agree with you 100% Vince, to many people do not want to take responsibilty for their own acitions. The "pay to play" idea has gone out the window for many. I have gotten to the point i generally ignore those type of posts and let them twist in the wind or get bad advice from other posters. It is just not worth the aggravation to try and help those who do not want honest help.

I do not think it is site specific however as i tend to find those type of posters on all forums. Unfortunately it is a sign of todays general population mentality that thinks everyone else is responsible to fix their screw ups and make them happy. No different than all those that get the Attorney's and lawsuits flying over every little thing. People in this country need to wake up and start taking responsiblity for their own actions. :hammer:

Fellro

Staff member
I agree with you 100% Vince, to many people do not want to take responsibilty for their own acitions. The "pay to play" idea has gone out the window for many. I have gotten to the point i generally ignore those type of posts and let them twist in the wind or get bad advice from other posters. It is just not worth the aggravation to try and help those who do not want honest help.

I do not think it is site specific however as i tend to find those type of posters on all forums. Unfortunately it is a sign of todays general population mentality that thinks everyone else is responsible to fix their screw ups and make them happy. No different than all those that get the Attorney's and lawsuits flying over every little thing. People in this country need to wake up and start taking responsiblity for their own actions. :hammer:
Oh, heaven forbid that! Take resposibility? Sure, like that'll happen when there is an easy buck to be had...:headbang: :rolleyes:
I used to try to talk to people too, and try to help on the forums, but anymore, I don't do as much of it, tired of getting flamed over piddly things, as well as things of the mentioned nature. Had a lengthy arguement with one individual that claimed gas engines have better engine braking than diesels, still see that from time to time even on the diesel site... give me a break, diesels have no engine braking is also the claim... Sorry, deceled with engine braking too many times to agree with that... They claim we have to add devices to get the diesels to compare to gassers, because they don't have a throttle plate... :rolleyes: :headbang:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts