Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

wind noise

I got a 1997 ford f150 that makes a wicked wind noise sound coming from the passenger side door. Had a body man look at it and he kept it for a day. Door is in algnment, seal is fine and no wind actually comes in from that side. Yet it sounds terrible. He told me he's stumped and I'm desperate. Anybody been through this before? Need help troubleshooting.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Are you sure it's coming from the door? maybe the head lamp area, or maybe from the wheel well?

Ryan

^ My guess would be wheel well. Some vehicles had foam rubber inserts between the body and fender near the door to eliminate wind noise. They often came out , or didn't get put back in after a repair. I've also seen squirrels shred them.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I got a 1997 ford f150 that makes a wicked wind noise sound coming from the passenger side door. Had a body man look at it and he kept it for a day. Door is in algnment, seal is fine and no wind actually comes in from that side. Yet it sounds terrible. He told me he's stumped and I'm desperate. Anybody been through this before? Need help troubleshooting.
Get some wide masking tape and gradually tape up each body panel opening (between fender and door, fender and hood, etc) until the noise is gone. Then you'll have an idea where to start looking.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts