Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Wonder If I Will Get In Trouble????

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Was just over at FTE and was surfing around and decided to send a few PM's to a few people I respect and would think could contribute here.... but I noticed that my PM's do not show up in my sent folder and wonder if they are blocking any mention of this site. I used the name with a (dot) in the address to make it not appear as a link?????

Wonder, why the PM's I sent didn't show up in my sent folder? Probably not sent and held for review??????

I even stated what a good site it is, but that you have to pay to be a supportor to be able to post images (I like it being free).

I also like the idea of discussing AMSOIL (even though I hate the stuff)... it is a relevant discussion topic... but not at the other site.

Hope they understand there are choices and I choose to visit each site... but I am willing to support this one and give a go!!!!

Just wondering what happened to my PM's and what, if anything, will happen too me at FTE????

Hopefully, nothing will happen...

blacksnapon

Staff member
As far as I know, there isnt any laws requiring you or I to get permission to use the internet wherever we choose. I have made it very plain that I pride myself on offering my advice to anyone, anywhere, anytime. There only has to be 1 instance of "jealousy, or paranoia" for me to go elsewhere. Beach, my advice would be to continue offering your knowledge (which I am honored to say I respect), anywhere, anytime, and to anyone, until someone directly says to stop. Your opinions are a very valuable asset, please continue to offer them, we do listen!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
As far as I know, there isnt any laws requiring you or I to get permission to use the internet wherever we choose. I have made it very plain that I pride myself on offering my advice to anyone, anywhere, anytime. There only has to be 1 instance of "jealousy, or paranoia" for me to go elsewhere. Beach, my advice would be to continue offering your knowledge (which I am honored to say I respect), anywhere, anytime, and to anyone, until someone directly says to stop. Your opinions are a very valuable asset, please continue to offer them, we do listen!

Thanks Vince... I appreciate that.

The "concern" is that I sent a few PM's to others on their FTE site. I am sure they will, or could, get upset that I am promoting another site on their site... which in a small way is true.... but oh well... it is done and nothing I can do about it now.

Have a nice weekend.

Hey... how do I get to be a "charter member" and get a designation next to my screen name?????

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Beach, I found the same issue on the PM's I sent through there. They didn't go through. I tried it a few different ways. I had to find their actual e-mail addy's to get them a message.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Beach, I found the same issue on the PM's I sent through there. They didn't go through. I tried it a few different ways. I had to find their actual e-mail addy's to get them a message.

Big Brother is watching....

Part of what I do not like... what are they worried about... they are the #1 or #2 Ford Diesel site... but I have heard Ken is a real bear and very errogant... even to the mods.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Yep- welcome the the wild and wacky world of the former Northwest Chapter. Blocked PM's- and they're anything but private (we learned this first hand). Use the email function only- if you can. :( At least you can still get on- a few of us got banned literally within minutes after the Northwest Underground went live. :hammer: I could go on... but I'll spare you.

Last edited:

Kep4

Jäger
Well, that's what happened to the PM I sent to CowboyBilly9mile after the NWC clean out. I thought he just ignored me! Obviously he never got it. Wow.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Yep- welcome the the wild and wacky world of the former Northwest Chapter. Blocked PM's- and they're anything but private (we learned this first hand). Use the email function only- if you can. :( At least you can still get on- a few of us got banned literally within minutes after the Northwest Underground went live. :hammer: I could go on... but I'll spare you.

Northwest Underground? Might be a good sub-area to start for you guys. Might talk to slmann about it :)

Gunner

Well Jeff, I didn't receive any PM's from you over at that "other" site, but I got your email. Thank you.

I looked around here and the atmosphere is definitely friendlier and less adversarial than many other places.

But why would you want riff-raff like me over here?!!:wavey:

:nana: (this smiley has nothing do with the post, it just cracked me up)

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Well Jeff, I didn't receive any PM's from you over at that "other" site, but I got your email. Thank you.

I looked around here and the atmosphere is definitely friendlier and less adversarial than many other places.

But why would you want riff-raff like me over here?!!:wavey:

:nana: (this smiley has nothing do with the post, it just cracked me up)

We have agreed... we have disagreed... just figured you might want to check out this site and compare? Figured you would have a lot to offer.

Welcome...

Ford Truck Articles