Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

sorry im new to this and appriciate your help...

i got 275 65 nitto tires and 18"rockstar rims for my 06 f150 (and it looks bad ***) but my steering wheel shakes like crazy when i go between 45-70 mph. when i drive any other speed its no problem.

i got them balanced twice and alignment done also. its been like this for over 6 months.

i heard it was cause the drive shaft is at a different angle now cause i only lifted the front with the 2" spacers.

the guy from 4 wheel parts .com said i need some kind of bushing and a mechanic i know said i need a bigger balancing bar.

all this is completely new to me and i appreciate the help

Last edited:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I do not have an answer for you, but I bet someone will be along shortly who does.

:welcome:

Ryan

I'm thinking you maybe have a bent wheel or somthing? I've got an 06 Scab and I put a 2.5" leveling kit on it, with 295/17's on it (factory wheels). I've got no problems, in fact it drives as well or better than it did before. They make up to a 3" leveling kit, and I personally know 2 guys who are running it with no problems. The leveling kit shouldn't change anything as far as ride or handleing (other than slightly raising the center of gravity). I would take it to a different tire shop, have them dismount the tires and check the wheels for balance and trueness, if they check out have them rebalance and try that.

Another thought to try is balancing beads, I run them in my Bronco w/ 35'' tires that are hard to balance. They work great, my company runs them in our tractors/trailers, no problems at all. The ones I'm running are called Magnum plus, google them and check out their website. If I remember right, they have a video on their site explaining how they work. Any reputable tire shop should be able to get them, or you can get them direct and buy a tool to install them through the valve stem. Just food for thought.

I would also check out all of your u joints, although doubtful (it does it in 2wd, the front shaft and axles wouldn't be turning).

Good luck and keep us posted on your results.

Ford Truck Articles