Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1999 e450 headlight issues

My E450 daytime headlights (running lights) stuck on when vehicle was turned off.. I had to pull battery cable so I didnt run the battery down. Now the lights do not work when vehicle is started. They do work if headlights are turned on by switch, just not as running lamps. Thoughts please.

blacksnapon

Staff member
My E450 daytime headlights (running lights) stuck on when vehicle was turned off.. I had to pull battery cable so I didnt run the battery down. Now the lights do not work when vehicle is started. They do work if headlights are turned on by switch, just not as running lamps. Thoughts please.

Symptom Chart Condition Possible Sources Action
The daytime running lamps are inoperative
BJB Fuse 27 (15A).
Circuitry.
Parking brake signal switch and bracket.
DRL module.
GO to Pinpoint Test A.

Daytime running lamps module is under the A/C plastic deflector on top of the radiator.

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
Most likely the DRL module has gone bad. You can unplug it and the headlamps will work normal when the switch is on. Should be mounted to the upper radiator support behind grill to the left of the hood latch (standing in front of the van looking at it)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts