Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need Forum Breakdown By Motor Type???

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
I would like to see a forum breakdown as is done at FTE's site.

It is beneficial to discuss topics by gas, diesel and so on due to being relevant to me and others that drive a 6.0L PSD (in my case).

My needs and experience is with 6.0L and not 7.3's or older diesels... so this makes sense.

As well a break down by truck model is key since I only care about Excursions and not Explorers... and so on.

My son drive's a 1991 F250 with a 460 motor... so I (when looking for info for him) would either check the model year forum's and/or the 460 motor forums...

Just check out FTE, Dieselstop and a few other sites (I frequent them all at times)...

What do you say Mr. ADMIN and/or owner of this site????

Jeff Cook
Beachbumcook

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Jeff, we appreciate the suggestion.

We agree that it would be nice. The reason this hasn't already been done is because the site simply isn't big enough to necessitate it. If we did decide to do it, we would need enough traffic so we didn't have a bunch of naked forums. When we grow, we fully intend on expanding our forums, but at this time realize it is not hard to keep up on the limited threads we have.

Thanks,

Ryan

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
If we did decide to do it, we would need enough traffic so we didn't have a bunch of naked forums.

OK.... and what is wrong with having a bunch of naked forums?????

I for one would like a bunch of naked forums.... and for the record... I am naked right now!!!!!!

Fellro

Staff member
OK.... and what is wrong with having a bunch of naked forums?????

I for one would like a bunch of naked forums.... and for the record... I am naked right now!!!!!!
As long as there are no pics, that can be let slide...'hah' :rofl:

Jeff,
Your suggestion is not falling on deaf ears. Ford Truck Fanatics was launched by slmann, O'Rattlecan, and myself just three weeks ago tonight. We as well as the majority of the other members are alumni of the websites you mentioned in your post and are very much aware of their formats and content. This site is the result of heavy handed moderation and management personality clashes of those boards.

We struggled, and continue to do so, with the number of forums to open up at this time. Do we use the "Field of Dreams" concept, build it and they will come, or do we add forums as the subject matter deems necessary. We decided to cover all of the anticipated subjects as we didn't want to break them down so far that there would be empty forums just laying there, sort of like a 20,000 square foot house with two people living there.

With just 35 members, unfortunately there isn't very much posted information like you seek on this site at this time. If you analize the forums you mentioned, you'll notice very little information came from the management of those sites rather, it comes from the memberships individual expertise or real life experiences. Your incredibly researched valuable contributions to those sites is probably the best example I could point to. I've been a member of those sites you mentioned since '03 and have followed your advice to the point I buy my fuel filters from International and I run Shell Rotella Synthetic in my truck. (I've not yet done the plug.)

We are blessed to have two of the best Ford Master Techs here willing to answer any and all questions directed towards them. If you'll recall there used to be an active new Ford vehicle buyers forum over on one of those other sites where questions were answered, valuable information was posted, and or sales made by two sales gentlemen sponsors. One of those fellows, Polarbear is here and we're looking for 1956 MarkII. I think they are the best on the net.

This site is a work in progress, and it takes time to build a membership and data base. Those sites you mentioned are almost ten years old and we are not even that in weeks. I like to think of it somewhat like the snowball affect. Starting will be slow but as we gain membership so will the speed of growth.

Jeff, we are listening to you as well as all of our members suggestions. We really value your membership here and look forward to your posting here.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Jeff,
Your suggestion is not falling on deaf ears. Ford Truck Fanatics was launched by slmann, O'Rattlecan, and myself just three weeks ago tonight. We as well as the majority of the other members are alumni of the websites you mentioned in your post and are very much aware of their formats and content. This site is the result of heavy handed moderation and management personality clashes of those boards.

We struggled, and continue to do so, with the number of forums to open up at this time. Do we use the "Field of Dreams" concept, build it and they will come, or do we add forums as the subject matter deems necessary. We decided to cover all of the anticipated subjects as we didn't want to break them down so far that there would be empty forums just laying there, sort of like a 20,000 square foot house with two people living there.

With just 35 members, unfortunately there isn't very much posted information like you seek on this site at this time. If you analize the forums you mentioned, you'll notice very little information came from the management of those sites rather, it comes from the memberships individual expertise or real life experiences. Your incredibly researched valuable contributions to those sites is probably the best example I could point to. I've been a member of those sites you mentioned since '03 and have followed your advice to the point I buy my fuel filters from International and I run Shell Rotella Synthetic in my truck. (I've not yet done the plug.)

We are blessed to have two of the best Ford Master Techs here willing to answer any and all questions directed towards them. If you'll recall there used to be an active new Ford vehicle buyers forum over on one of those other sites where questions were answered, valuable information was posted, and or sales made by two sales gentlemen sponsors. One of those fellows, Polarbear is here and we're looking for 1956 MarkII. I think they are the best on the net.

This site is a work in progress, and it takes time to build a membership and data base. Those sites you mentioned are almost ten years old and we are not even that in weeks. I like to think of it somewhat like the snowball affect. Starting will be slow but as we gain membership so will the speed of growth.

Jeff, we are listening to you as well as all of our members suggestions. We really value your membership here and look forward to your posting here.

Thanks for the reply and "background" on the site... always wondered how someone starts up such a site, buys the software to run a forum and such and where to host it.

I do believe that the forum "topics" need to be created first, then people will immediately cravitate to where they need to go. No use mixing diesel motor problems with the gas motor issues and 6.0L diesel issues with the 6.4L or 7.3L motors... no one would be able to keep the advice and tech help straight... it just gets all "mixed" together.

I would encourage you to develop the forum topics as the other sites do. This is for 2 reasons... people are used to to and as they find your site they will feel more comfortable joining and using it. Two, it helps seperate the "topics and needs" of people and the "resident techs" and thos of us willing to help can see what is being posted instead of reading every post in every thread.

Guess my marketing education and experience is coming through.

Take care & thanks,

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
As far as the naked part, I've met jeff, and the thoughts of him...naked...:puke:

Well... your thoughts better not be good thoughts... you never finished your sentence and I do not want there to be any question.

I am a ladies man... not a man's man.

I walk like a man, talk like a man, drive like a man, drink like a man... and look at pretty ladies.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts