Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

01 f250 with 25k miles

just got lucky on a one owner w/25k miles, 7.3 engine. what should i do to keep her purring, id like to chip her(no to super chip) it got 19.5 mpg coming home from seattle to la. nice truck and want to keep her that way a long long time, im only going to use her ocasually.smilieFordlogo

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
dont chip it... please just throw a aftermarket downpipe, exhaust on it. and that'll help it a good bit, and if you do anything else get a CUSTOM tune on it.. from a dyno run and everything...

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
dont chip it... please just throw a aftermarket downpipe, exhaust on it. and that'll help it a good bit, and if you do anything else get a CUSTOM tune on it.. from a dyno run and everything...
smilieIagree

polar bear where can i get manuals on this truck? the deisel mecanic here is a crook to the inth degree!!!
i wont let him touch anything of mine ever again.
i want to be able to do what ever i need to keep this baby going.
i think this truck used sparingly i should get years of trouble free use.
i sell golf carts and service them, have been in the service buisiness for 25+years, no im not a diesel mechanic but i can change parts with the best of them, i just need to get more knowledge on this motor.
you guys can help me that i know for sure. i also have a machine shop at home, i can do some pretty unusual things with metal.
i use bg products in all my vehicles,and shop.i have my own flush mashines to do this with.
i did a injector flush on my 6.0, there is no motor out there that runs smoother>
im willing to do anything i need to do to make this truck the best it can be.
what about 6.0 oil cooler upgrade on the 7.3? polar my handle is really learningasigo.jennagirl is my daughter, its easier to keep everything with that handle.(jennagirl)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts