Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

98 F150 Triton V8 head gasket

Ok... Noob here. My son is about to 16... I was offered a 98 F150 ext cab with the V8 for $500 from a good friend. The issue is either one of two things... a head gasket or a warped head. I want to do the work myself with my son so that he can see what it's like to benifit from some hard work. I am pretty mechanical and have a pretty good set of tools. I plan on using a Haynes manual as I've never replaced a head gasket on anything, but I know how engines work. I feel confident that he and I can do this. I was reading on another post that the tolerances are very tight and it'd be better to replace it. With that being said, I still want to take this on. What do I really need to pay particular attn to? Etc?

Thanks,
Jason

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry, I can't help...but the first member that pops to mind for me to answer this is member lil dq...if he doesn't pop up in this thread, shoot him a PM.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
POP!

LOL

Pull the motor. simple as that. WAY easier than trying to work these motors in the bay.

Surely take on the motor. This is way easy to work on. Timing is a BREEZE. I will post more as soon as I get more time. I am at work right now...

For $500 if you don't by the truck I WILL! LMAO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Sorry, I can't help...but the first member that pops to mind for me to answer this is member lil dq...if he doesn't pop up in this thread, shoot him a PM.

Hmmm why would you think I am a good person to talk to about these motors?! LMAO:wasntme: You do realize how many I have had to work on right!
smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts