Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bill, question for you

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
This moron that worked on my truck said that between 67 and 70 dealers would re-VIN their vehicles for the next year. For example, if a 67 didn't sell, they would change the VIN to a 68. Is this true, or is even more full of ****?

If that happened in this state there would be an Attorney General that would like to talk to that dealership...

Tell him that July was the end of the run for the previous year model.
August was the start of the next model year.
The consecutive build code Lat 6 digits of VIN# are what determines the model year and they CANNOTLEGALLY TAMPER with them.

Tell him you may have been born at night.........but not Last Night !

What do do is use parts from the previous year on the next year in certain circumstances

1967 was a wacky year for these trucks

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
This moron that worked on my truck said that between 67 and 70 dealers would re-VIN their vehicles for the next year. For example, if a 67 didn't sell, they would change the VIN to a 68. Is this true, or is even more full of ****?
That's total Wild Mule P!ss!!! Where on earth did the MORON come up with this crap? This illegal practice was ended in 1950 by the US Gov't and ONLY applied to some 1946/48 Passenger Cars.

Chrysler Corporation sent out roadmen to change the ID plates (there were no VIN's, vehicles were registered by engine numbers), because the 1946/48 (and some early 1949) cars were exactly the same....not one thing was different!

The ID plates had the year and engine number stamped on them. It was simple to replace the original plate with a blank plate, then restamp the original engine number and change the year.

And...this jazz would never work on 1967 F100/350's, here's a few reasons why (besides the last 6 digits of the VIN mentioned by Dennis that apply to all 1948 thru today trucks, 1949 thru today cars).

1967 only: Doors and most internal parts, firewall, dash board, radio & heater, brake/clutch pedals and the bracket they suspend from under the dash, master cylinders, power brake boosters, prop valves, low brake fluid warning light switch, hood side emblems, instrument cluster bezels, ignition switch and et cetera, et cetera, et cetera! 1967's didn't have any marker lights...at all. None on the hood, or beds.

There are differences between 1968/72's that anyone can see...so what the MORON claims is crap!

This MORON should be nominated for the "Doesn't know chit from shinola" award. There are a lotta people out there that don't know diddly, but this MORON would win the award hands down!

Last edited:

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
That's total Wild Mule P!ss!!! Where on earth did the MORON come up with this crap? This illegal practice was ended in 1950 by the US Gov't and ONLY applied to some 1946/48 Passenger Cars.

Chrysler Corporation sent out roadmen to change the ID plates (there were no VIN's, vehicles were registered by engine numbers), because the 1946/48 (and some early 1949) cars were exactly the same....not one thing was different!

The ID plates had the year and engine number stamped on them. It was simple to replace the original plate with a blank plate, then restamp the original engine number and change the year.

And...this jazz would never work on 1967 F100/350's, here's a few reasons why (besides the last 6 digits of the VIN mentioned by Dennis that apply to all 1948 thru today trucks, 1949 thru today cars).

1967 only: Doors and most internal parts, firewall, dash board, radio & heater, brake/clutch pedals and the bracket they suspend from under the dash, master cylinders, power brake boosters, prop valves, low brake fluid warning light switch, hood side emblems, instrument cluster bezels, ignition switch and et cetera, et cetera, et cetera! 1967's didn't have any marker lights...at all. None on the hood, or beds.

There are differences between 1968/72's that anyone can see...so what the MORON claims is crap!

This MORON should be nominated for the "Doesn't know chit from shinola" award. There are a lotta people out there that don't know diddly, but this MORON would win the award hands down!

Couldn't agree with your more Bill. I knew he was talking through his *** when he started spewing all that crap. I even told him that 67 was an odd year for the f100 in a lot of different ways (learned that right here, probably from you Bill). Either case, my association with him is over and my truck is on a flatbed hauler on it's way to NC...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts