Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

It's time.

My '84 E350 / 460 Motorhome needs a new Carburetor. The old one isn't terrible, just a dried-out accelerator pump.
I don't necessarily want a rebuild, if I can avoid it. I want something that will, basically, bolt up with few to no repercussions or installation problems, but if I can get something that has a better mileage rating, that would be awesome.
Mostly I just want to know who has tried what and how it worked for you!
Thanks guys!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What kind and style of carb is on there now?

My personal preference is Holley. And within Holley, I see no harm in going the route of picking something up out of their 'rebuilt' line up...preferably one of the 4bbls in what they deem their 'stock' replacements. Their 'rebuilt' line are returned carbs, mainly due to assembly oversights, like marred needles or torn diaphragms or o-rings. That would be the cheapest route by far, for new carb considerations (under $200 on ebay or out of summit racing).

Beyond that, probably something in the 600-650cfm range with vacuum secondaries and a mechanical choke from Holley. I personally prefer their 4150 line, but the 4160 line is more user friendly. This option will run you $350-450.

I also understand you said you didn't wanna rebuild, but depending on the carb you have, there are some pretty extensive and thorough rebuild kits out there for under $75.

I hope that helps a little.

Last edited:
Thanks- It's 100% stock, if that helps... I'll pull the cowl off later and see if I can find a tab on it.
I also am going to replace the electric fuel pump the last guy had on here, as well. Think I'll go with the in-line rotary, versus the rattlebox he used.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts