Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Z-racing wheels

racsan

4xford
these were on my dad's '97 blazer when he bought it, i have them now and am planning to put 235-60-15's on them. they have a dual-bolt pattern so they fit either 4-3/4 or 4-1/2 bolt patterns. they take "et" lug nuts, had to order those, couldnt find at any local parts stores. dont have the bolts that hold the center covers, missing one anyways and one bolt had broke off in the rim. from wheat ive been able to figure out these were sold by sears and made by american racing. found one center cover on ebay, for $40.00 going to switch these between 3 vehicles, the smaller size will make my 3.73's seem like 4.10's, might make it easier for my daughter to learn how to drive, also plan on having these on the '77 granada. and until i get some better rubber on the stock rims for my wife's S-10 blazer, thay will probly spend some time there and make the 3.42 gearing in it more likeable when towing the trailer. 2 are polished up in this pic and the other 2 were awaiting poilish. all done now and looking like chrome.
rims.jpg

racsan

4xford
got tires on them, after alot of thought and research i went with a 225-70-15 pepboys brand definity ex-600. its a 75,000 mile rated tire that was 99 per tire. had a additional $20 internet coupon as well as the current "buy 3 get one free" promotion where you get a gift card rebate back for the cost of one tire. this size will still fit the granda fine and could be ran on the ranger if needed. seems to be the same outside diameter as the orinal blazer rims (15 x 7) with 235-70-15 tires. they are a bit narrower, but all the better for snow, more pounds per square inch.
r2025.jpg
r2026.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Looking good.

They're gonna be on the large side for a Granada, though, aren't they? Don't doubt they'll fit, but they'll be a fair bit bigger than the stock tires, won't they?

racsan

4xford
possibly, the rear of the car has air shocks, the front will be the questionable end, especially when turning. didnt want to go with a 25" tall tire and have the wife's blazer looking like its got 4 temporay spares on it. these are about 27 1/2 inches tall. with the positive offset and being a 70 profile tire, i think they will still fit. dont know what a granada had stock besides being 14" rims. whats on it now is some old keystone classic rims with "letter" series tires, think the rears are G-60's. ive got a parts blazer that has a 3.73 rearend. im considering swapping that into the granada. ive yet to put the tape on both to see how close it would be to working. one of those things ive been "building" in my head but need to get the tape out and see if it will indeed work.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts