Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Listen up!

blacksnapon

Staff member
OK, 2008 6.4 with a dpf delete and one of those controllers that plugs in to the ALDL. Customer wants you to do electronic tests to see how much boost he can develop. Can we, or can't we, and why?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
OK, 2008 6.4 with a dpf delete and one of those controllers that plugs in to the ALDL. Customer wants you to do electronic tests to see how much boost he can develop. Can we, or can't we, and why?

cant because its got a dpf delete.... and its still under warranty (probably voided now cause the delete), so by telling him that you can make "x" amount of boost if it were to blow up he could come back and say "so and so" said i could make this much boost....

blacksnapon

Staff member
cant because its got a dpf delete.... and its still under warranty (probably voided now cause the delete), so by telling him that you can make "x" amount of boost if it were to blow up he could come back and say "so and so" said i could make this much boost....
To clarify farther.....This was a real scenario. He was well over 100k miles...no warranty.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Customer wants you to do electronic tests to see how much boost he can develop. Can we, or can't we, and why?

^^^^^^^

This wording is what made me think he was wanting to see how many PSI of boost he could safely make..

ok.. well im stumped... at least i tried... im sure after you explain i'll be like DAMIT!!!! i shouldve known that!!!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Thinking more along the lines of the boost equation is calculated with a given back pressure by the DPF. Now if the back pressure could be duplicated, it would be testable, but it would be for a "stock truck" configuration. So I am going with no. If Vince had all the readings from a stock known working truck, and installed these mods on said truck and calculated or recorded that data, he would be able to calculate the proper ammount of boost the turbos should be putting out on the modded truck.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
I say no because of him removing the DPF is tampering with the Federal Emmissions System and the Sellers-Sexton could be help responsible for it. The 2008 is required to have the DPF, isn't it?

blacksnapon

Staff member
With the DPF removed, the vehicle will go into constant regen. There is a significant power reduction while in regen. The programmer keeps it from going into regen. If you remove the connector that the programmer plugs into the ALDL so you can plug in the IDS, regen begins. All perameters are changed for regen and an accurate measurement for boost is impossible.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I guess I was taking for granted that everyone knew about the constant regen, and that you had a way around that for "testing purposes" I was leaning more twards the alogarythms factoring in the back pressure of the DPF, not what you have stated in post #9. I guess I was thinking too outside the box.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts