Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

idle and skip problem...

tboss619

tboss619
I am new to the forum and have a question abt a intermitant skip and an up and down idle on my 460 1994 fuel injected engine,,can a bad ICM be causing this prob. and if so where is it be located on a 1994 coachman motor home class C If I had a pic of it and the location it wld help,,,tks Terry:headbang:

blacksnapon

Staff member
I am new to the forum and have a question abt a intermitant skip and an up and down idle on my 460 1994 fuel injected engine,,can a bad ICM be causing this prob. and if so where is it be located on a 1994 coachman motor home class C If I had a pic of it and the location it wld help,,,tks Terry:headbang:
The skip, I'd go first toward the plug wires (460 has a lot of heat buildup), the surging idle, I'd look at the IAC motor.

tboss619

tboss619
sorry I didnt give enough info,,the plugs,wires dizzy cap and rotary button all new..I removed the iac and cleaned it good and it didnt help,,perhaps you are rite abt the iac it must be bad ,,I will try a new one but the skip will still be there Im sure...any more suggestions,, each time the skip occures the amp gauge takes a dive and then comes rite back up,, it almost sounds as if the engine has been shut off but it will come rite back to proper idle and in a few seconds it will do it agn...cld the tps have any control over this action...the engine has only 49000 mikles on it so it sits a lot as most motor homes do...

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts