Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

fuel leak

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
i have fuel leaking out of my motor for somewhere. it is dripping off down where the motor and trans meet up. any ideas what might be leaking on top somewhere?

Fl.
I have a constant small leak problem just behind the fuel filter. The fuel leaks down into the valley and down the back of the block. Check behind the fuel filter and see if it is wet with fuel. Also shine a light into the valley and see if you see fuel laying in there. There is a fix for my problem. There are o rings that leak and need to be replaced. I have dome it twice now. Not much luck in stopping it. It's insured. let it burn

blacksnapon

Staff member
The o-rings on the water drain valve at the rear of the fuel filter housing are prone to failure. Look at the two fuel lines on the passenger side of the housing as well.

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
ok guys thanks i am gonna look tonight and will let ya know. thanks again

loudandlifted

bleeds oval blue
it was a line coming off the lower passenger side of the fuel filter. there is a rubber section that connects the fuel filter to a hard line? i put a hose clamp on it and gonna hope for the best.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts