Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

16.5?

Stoner Dan

California Chapter member
Hey, y'all--anyone know where I can find 16.5" Denman bias-plys? I know Coker sells them, but I'd love to do some comparison shopping, if at all possible.

While I'm thinking about it, any suggestions for 16.5" radials, too?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What kinda Denman's??????? Ground Hawgs??????? Keep in mind, Denman closed up shop due to some major financial troubles.

16.5" radials I've had good luck with... BFG KM1, I could get 50-60k out of a set. I dunno if that transferred over to the KM2's though, I hear they're using softer compound. Regardless, I've had good luck with BFG. I also can get 35-45k out of the Super Swamper radials (TSL's, SSR's)...can't speak on the Iroks or STS's though.

I also agree with JR, the military 37's seems to hold up well...and with some grooving can do pretty decent in the mud.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Never knew that.

Anyone know what kinda tire it is that they use on border patrol rigs? I know it's a BFG tire, and I reeeeeeeeeeally liked it. I saw a listing once for the surplus, but have never seen them again, and I can't remember the name.

Ford Truck Articles