Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

got some strange codes with engine off and key in Run position

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
first of all how do you call this test? with engine off and key in Run position
-KOEO or,
-CM or,
-KOER

the codes i got are

Can someone explain to me what they are? i got the codes meaning at fordfuelinjection.com but i cant understand but i dont know wich test was this so. any help? thanks YelloThumbUp

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
KOEO = Key On Engine Off
CM = Continuous Memory (read below)
KOER = Key On Engine Running

81 and 82 are continuous memory codes having to do with your TAD and TAB solenoids (respectively), and which are part of your AIR/smog system. Continuous memory means that they occurred while you were driving the truck and got stored in memory. Didn't you remove your AIR/smog pump? I would imagine that would cause problems with these solenoids...

The 85 code is a KOEO code (in this case), and is dealing with your canister purge solenoid. I'm not exactly sure which solenoid this is but I'd be willing to bet it also has to do with the AIR system and cannot actuate without your AIR pump.

jbish28

former Ford Master Tech
Iowa
The cannister purge solenoid opens to vent the evap cannister. The thing that looks like a coffee can under the hood. If evap pressures get to high then you could notice a problem with fueling the truck. Most of the time the solenoids just get plugged with dirt or mud. Just replace and you'll be better off.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
i took them off a long time ago ;).. lol no problems btw ;)

jbish28

former Ford Master Tech
Iowa
Right on. I usually just bypass the pump and find a different belt to fit, but do not like to give that advice. A lot of parts stores do not want to help you when it comes to finding the right belt, because they want to sell you a new part to fix your problem. F#%k them. Do what you gotta do.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
Right on. I usually just bypass the pump and find a different belt to fit, but do not like to give that advice. A lot of parts stores do not want to help you when it comes to finding the right belt, because they want to sell you a new part to fix your problem. F#%k them. Do what you gotta do.

smiliewhathesaid smilieIagree

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts