Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Tires for the van

I booked an oppointment to get new tires on the wifes van at Canadian Tire. They have a buy one get the second tire half price deal. I picked General Evertrek rt, and on the phone I made sure they had lots in stock before I went in. I get there early and the van goes in. The guy working makes short work of getting the wheels off and the tires off the rim, and leaves. I'm waiting for about half an hour thinking they are getting my tires from the wharehouse and it funny they didn't have them ready. So I went for a walk around the store to check out some other sales and came back about 20 minutes later and still nothing. My van is up on the lift with the rims stacked beside it. It's been about 45 min now. So I figure I'll go over to Home depot wich is in the same lot and check out a few thing and when I get back it should be done. I get back about 45 minutes later and nothing. I wait 15 more minutes in line to ask whats happening, and the lady says " ohh we have a problem, we can only find 3 of the tires you ordered" i almost hit the floor. I specificaly asked if they would have the tires before I came in and the guy on the phone told me yes. So I asked what to do she said I don't have to many opptions so I told her to put the old tires back on the rims and I was leaving. She asked when I wanted to rebook and I told her I wasn't and to just get my tires back on and I was leaving. A minute later she came up to me and said I could get the next tire up in a Good Year for the same price as the Generals, and I would be saving $12 each tire off the good years. I went for and it took the guys in the back 10 minutes to put them on and get me out of there. Next time I'm going to ask to see the tires before I bring any truck or car in.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You are a very trusting person to leave your vehicle at Crappy Tire for anything.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry for the hassle, but that's typically what I try to do when my order/purchase is screwed up because of 'them'. More often than not 'them' are willing to negotiate, and I end up getting something 'better' than I expected.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts