Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

tought this would help ( rough idle 5.4 F150 and low on power )

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
im working with a ford tech so now im getting much much experience and i will post whatever i can do to help :)

a f150 we fixed today

came in with a bad coil pack so we fixed that and the car still kept idling rough and LOW on power i mean the Triton 5.4 i know if you floor it from a dead stop they will smoke some tires!! well this one drove like a 4 cyl

the IDS showed rough idle but very inconsistent and no codes!

so after a day of trouble shooting we checked fuel presser! and it was LOW! 15 PSI at idle!! we thought OK bad pump

turns out the pump wasn't bad it was the rubber hose in the fuel pump unit that goes from the pump to the connections has cracked and leaks soo the pump works but doesn't get the pressure up to where it suppose to be at the fuel rail.. we patched the line and wow! it now smokes the tires from a dead stop with no prob!

That's very interesting! My triton has been doing the same for the last few months and not knowing much about Fords, I've basically been trying trial and error. But what if I'm burning oil too? The oil pressure has been running high, and burning oil like crazy.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts