Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

hesitation on acceleration,cold weather

Good afternoon,glad to be associated with so many good hearted knowlegeable people.The problem I'd like help on is,every time cold weather comes,the problem starts.It is a 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Pick-up 7.3 Turbo Diesel,Super Duty truck.When ambient temp. is below 30 degrees F.,there is acceleration hesitation between 1400 and 1800 RPM.As ambient temp.rises above 30 degrees F. the problem goes away.Please let me know where your suspicions take you ?What component(s) could be bad.There is no dash lights illuminated.
Thank You.
Sincerely,Jack

Welcome to FTF, Jack! Does your truck do this hesitation regardless of the operating temp as long as the ambient is below 30*?

I'm sorry for the late response,computer problems.Back to the vehicle's problem,if I remember correctly,it still acted up at operating temp.but not as often.
Thanks for the reply.

blacksnapon

Staff member
Good afternoon,glad to be associated with so many good hearted knowlegeable people.The problem I'd like help on is,every time cold weather comes,the problem starts.It is a 1999 Ford F350 4x4 Pick-up 7.3 Turbo Diesel,Super Duty truck.When ambient temp. is below 30 degrees F.,there is acceleration hesitation between 1400 and 1800 RPM.As ambient temp.rises above 30 degrees F. the problem goes away.Please let me know where your suspicions take you ?What component(s) could be bad.There is no dash lights illuminated.
Thank You.
Sincerely,Jack
Many of these driveability issues can be traced to thermostats. Both EOT and ECT have a hand in pcm calculations related to performance.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts