Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Neat swap, 4x4 lightning anyone?

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID

offroadkarter

New Jersey Chapter member
NJ
I'm pretty sure the Harley engine had a few less HP, plus Doc did that swap too.

it ran less boost, it was still the exact same engine. Doing a pulley swap kinda makes that irrelevant

fatdan460

BANNED IN MOST PLACES
it's cool, but not to me at that price. i'm cheap.

btw offroadkarter, is that a marauder in you pic, or just a clone? either way, pretty sweet.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yep tuning issues and stoopid mistakes are what I am dealing with. A total swap would have been ALOT easier like this guy did. BUT NOOOOOO I had to BUILD one! LOL

He's right though they are a hell of a lot of fun to drive! and about on the money for investment. I have close to $60K in mine and you can't hardly tell.

Oh and I found out I burnt a couple valves, nothing major and I will get it fixed but not in the near future as an SAS and full custom fourlink suspension are in the works for her this winter...(found a sponsor) gonna be a really cool project.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Guess you'll just have to find out. LOL

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It is a pretty cool swap...but I think I'd rather see a Lightning SAS'd.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
*note to self, turn off phone at night* LOL

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^Right...but with his SC...I thought he meant he got his hands on a lightning.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
My wife would kill me if I bought another toy!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^My solution...tell her to go make you sammich. While she's distracted doing that, buy whacha have to buy. Then cover it in the shed with a sheet or something...put truck parts over it, and she'll never even look.

Ridgerunner

Missouri Chapter member
Stillwater Ok
^^^My solution...tell her to go make you sammich. While she's distracted doing that, buy whacha have to buy. Then cover it in the shed with a sheet or something...put truck parts over it, and she'll never even look.

Wait til you're married that won't work after the first year.

Ford Truck Articles