Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fuel Cell repair

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Was watching Power Block on Spike this weekend and, on Muscle Cars I believe, and they had a segment on fuel cell sealer kit from Eastwood. Am thinking, since I need to remove the cell anyway to install the rear cab bushings, that while it is out I might as well look into cleaning out the tank and applying a sealer to interior and exterior. Any thoughts or suggestions? Has anyone used this kit from Eastwood?

Thank you in advance,
Steven

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Been thinkin about doin it maself but aint got around to it. Id also get the gas tank etch stuff to get it down to nice clean metal before ya seal it up.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
If I'm not mistaken, I think the kit on Eastwood.com has a metal etching material as part of the kit. Am arguing with myself now as to whether I should consider the POR-15 kit as well.

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Get another tank out of a junk yard or a truck somebodies partin out and see which turns out better then just swap in the tank thats better into your truck.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Did a quick visual on my cell last night while I was replacing the fuel filler neck grommet and, from the exterior, it looks good. Of course, the exterior is no indicator of what may be lurking inside...

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Itll probly be filled with rust and dirt and everthin else that comes out of a gas pump. Itll be 10 times worse if youve ever filled it up either while the tanker was refuelin the gas station or right after he left.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Guess that is the good thing about removing it for closer examination. Luckily, it is an internally mounted cab cell. The exterior has not been exposed to direct weather. The interior, however, has been exposed to, like you said, all the junk from the outside.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
If you have any places that are local and repair gas tanks they might be able to suggest what products might help you out as well.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Another great idea.... Thanks Sean.

See, that is why I like this site. Although it took me and Bill getting into an argument, I finally realized that he was right and I was wrong... I'm 40 now so am reverting back to my teenage days when my parents were always wrong...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts