Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Rails for foglights

So, I am considering getting some roll bars on my truck then mounting 4 foglights on it. thoughts?

1984 ford ranger

also, how do i find out if my truck is an s, xl, xls, etc?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Well your choice if you want to get a roll bar, but every time I see one now I think, "Geez get out of 1989" LOL. It was the thing to do late 80s early 90s. I read 4 wheeler magazine when I was in the 4th grade and it was my dream to have a 4x4 with a lift and a fancy chrome roll bar with 5 billion watts of lights on it, but today I wouldn't be caught dead with a roll bar. But everyone has the right to do what they want to their truck. So if it makes you happy go for it. It's just not for me :)

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Well your choice if you want to get a roll bar, but every time I see one now I think, "Geez get out of 1989" LOL. It was the thing to do late 80s early 90s. I read 4 wheeler magazine when I was in the 4th grade and it was my dream to have a 4x4 with a lift and a fancy chrome roll bar with 5 billion watts of lights on it, but today I wouldn't be caught dead with a roll bar. But everyone has the right to do what they want to their truck. So if it makes you happy go for it. It's just not for me :)

You sir, must be ghey.

l1cc97a651f5f170adb9f4f.jpg

truck9.jpg

I will say however, that they only look good on certain trucks. They only look right on 4x4 trucks. They also only look good with a single cross bar and 2 lights on top. I hate those double and triple roll bars like below. I also think that the ones with bars that go all the way to the back of the bed look stupid. I would only go with one like the truck above has.

This one demonstrates both the ugly double bar, and bars all the way to the back of the bed. Both very ugly features.

l_ad59c8df51b64d59aeb574f9c8b56f9d.jpg

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
How does it make me ghey to not want to be stuck in the 80s? The roll bar is pointless anyway. Those aren't going to save you if you flip over. It's just for show. Ditch that roll bar and the truck would look 50 times better.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I think that ones that were put in Broncos, Ramchargers, etc. were more suited for actual rollovers than the chrome ones in the bed, but it is goood that one saved your life.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
How does it make me ghey to not want to be stuck in the 80s? The roll bar is pointless anyway. Those aren't going to save you if you flip over. It's just for show. Ditch that roll bar and the truck would look 50 times better.
Actually, Roll bars are still popular, I see them all the time, even on newer trucks.

Most people do put the roll bars in for looks. I and a few others, would also put one in to mount KC's on. But mainly they're put in for looks, and they look pretty good, in the right truck. They're coming back in "style" , so you're actually behind on the times.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Well they aren't coming back in style around here. Maybe you guys are behind and are catching up to 1989 down there :rofl2:

You can be cool like Marty McFly:

McFly.jpg

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts