Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Cab bushing bolt kits

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Cannot remember if I have asked this before on here, but does anyone have any idea where, if at all, I can get a complete cab bushing mounting bolt kit for a 1970 F100 2wd lwb, to include the bolts, washers, nuts and sleeves? Have searched using google till I'm blue in the face and cannot find such a kit.. Have also checked all the major parts places... NOTHING...

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Cannot remember if I have asked this before on here, but does anyone have any idea where, if at all, I can get a complete cab bushing mounting bolt kit for a 1970 F100 2wd lwb, to include the bolts, washers, nuts and sleeves? Have searched using google till I'm blue in the face and cannot find such a kit..

Have also checked all the major parts places... NOTHING Huh? [confused]
(sigh) :rotz: Have you got Dennis Carpenter's 1967/79 truck parts catalog? No, you do not.

If you did, you would not be asking this question, cuz Carpenter has this kit listed on page 22 for 1967/72 F100/250 2WD.

Call and order a free catalog = 800-476-9653.

I have ALL of Dennis Carpenter's Passenger Car, Truck, Bronco & Econoline catalogs, the only Ford I own today is a 2008 Fusion.

I have these catalogs so I can find out what's been reproduced.

Last edited:

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
(sigh) :rotz: Have you got Dennis Carpenter's 1967/79 truck parts catalog? No, you do not.

If you did, you would not be asking this question, cuz Carpenter has this kit listed on page 22 for 1967/72 F100/250 2WD.

To the contrary. Yup, I do, and have seen that part. I asked in my original question if anyone knew of a bolt kit for a 1970 F100 2wd lwb, to include the bolts, washers, nuts and sleeves I am replacing the original rubber bushings with polyurethane bushings from Prothane.

Guess I should have mentioned on this thread that I already have the poly bushings at the house...

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
To the contrary. Yup, I do, and have seen that part. I asked in my original question if anyone knew of a bolt kit for a 1970 F100 2wd lwb, to include the bolts, washers, nuts and sleeves I am replacing the original rubber bushings with polyurethane bushings from Prothane.

Guess I should have mentioned on this thread that I already have the poly bushings at the house...
Turn to page 22 and open your peepers. What you will see is THE COMPLETE CAB TO FRAME MOUNTING KIT, includes the bolts, nuts, washers, sleeves and the insulators.

The original cab rubber insulators (bushings) lasted 40 years. Why do you want to install poly bushings? Are you gonna own this truck for 40 years? Prolly not.

No one sells just the hardware. The only way to get it would be IF the genuine Ford obsolete parts can be found at Ford Dealers/obsolete parts vendors.

Ford never offered a kit, each part was sold by itself. The special lower washers and sleeves might be found NOS. The other hardware can be bought at hardware/autoparts stores as there's nothing special about any of it.

Last edited:

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Turn to page 22 and open your peepers. What you will see is THE COMPLETE CAB TO FRAME MOUNTING KIT, includes the bolts, nuts, washers, sleeves and the insulators.

The original cab rubber insulators lasted 40 years, why do you want to install poly mounts? Are you gonna own this truck for 40 years?

No one sells just the hardware. The only way to get it would be if the obsolete parts can be found at Ford Dealers/obsolete parts vendors.

Ford never offered a kit, each part was sold by itself.

You're missing the forest for the trees... My post is SOLELY for the purpose of asking if anyone happened to know if someone sold the mounting hardware in a kit... I can always go to Lowe's or Fastenall and pick up the individual parts, but was hoping that somewhere out there was a kit.

As for the poly bushings, That was a personal preference after doing a lot of research and getting feedback from a lot of people.

Instead of nit-picking every one of my posts, please, instead, provide feedback that is helpful. And, don't assume (reference you asking me if I had the DC catalog, then saying no, you don't)...

I am looking for help, not critics...

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
You're missing the forest for the trees... My post is SOLELY for the purpose of asking if anyone happened to know if someone sold the mounting hardware in a kit... I can always go to Lowe's or Fastenall and pick up the individual parts, but was hoping that somewhere out there was a kit.

As for the poly bushings, That was a personal preference after doing a lot of research and getting feedback from a lot of people.

Instead of nit-picking every one of my posts, please, instead, provide feedback that is helpful. And, don't assume (reference you asking me if I had the DC catalog, then saying no, you don't)...

I am looking for help, not critics...
The simple solution is: Buy the Carpenter kit, don't use the bushings.

You never said a word in post #1 about having the bushings. Since I'm not a mindreader, how would I know you had bought poly bushings?

You know why I nit-pik? It's because I know what I'm speaking of. Many people that own these trucks in today's world know next to nothing about them.

Some only know it's a Ford...because...it says so on the vehicle somewhere.

There isn't ONE person on any internet Ford related site (including Mil1ion) that knows more about these trucks than I do.

There is exactly ONE Ford partsman on internet Ford truck related sites that bothers with anything older than 1980. Guess who?

Waltz on over to FTE, read a few of the 30,869 posts I've typed (since 11/4/2006) to get an idea about what I do. On FTE, I'm NumberDummy.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Why do you have to be such a F$#%@$# smart-***??? You're like the computer help desk person that knows all the answers and thinks everyone else is incompetent just because they ask a question..

Thought I was being pretty clear in my first post when I said "cab bushing mounting bolt kit for a 1970 F100 2wd lwb, to include the bolts, washers, nuts and sleeves?" A cab bushing MOUNTING BOLT kit with the rest of the hardware... You're right, I didn't mention anything about having the bushings already BECAUSE I WAS NOT ASKING FOR THE BUSHINGS....

You know, you could get your point across a lot better if you simply ask for a little better description, instead of trying to make the poster look like a moron.....
It's not me that needs to ask for a better description. When you ask questions, it's in your best interest to list the pertinent info.

You know why I'm a (*)&&*&^& smart azze? It's because I am smart, a first class PITA and a grouchy old (65) SOB!

You would be too, if you spent 40 + years looking up parts for people, many of them without a single clue.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
War eagle you should be thankful that Bill took the time to post up information where to get the bolts, even if it included the bushings you don't need.
Bill is a good guy and knows his stuff and is a real asset to have him here.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
How did I not include a good description??? Because I included the word bushing???

If someone asks you for a sofa end table do you think they want the sofa AND end table? No, they need just the end table. My point is that in my original post I asked if anyone knew where "I can get a complete cab bushing mounting bolt kit for a 1970 F100 2wd lwb, to include the bolts, washers, nuts and sleeves?" Wasn't asking for the bushings, just the cab bushing mounting bolt kit.

All I am trying to do is inquire as to whether anyone knows where or if I can purchase the mounting hardware as a kit. It is just as simple as that. I had no intention of getting reprimanded by a 40 year old veteran of Ford Parts because they interpreted that I was asking for the bushings and all...

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
How did I not include a good description??? Because I included the word bushing???

If someone asks you for a sofa end table do you think they want the sofa AND end table? No, they need just the end table. My point is that in my original post I asked if anyone knew where "I can get a complete cab bushing mounting bolt kit for a 1970 F100 2wd lwb, to include the bolts, washers, nuts and sleeves?" Wasn't asking for the bushings, just the cab bushing mounting bolt kit.

All I am trying to do is inquire as to whether anyone knows where or if I can purchase the mounting hardware as a kit. It is just as simple as that. I had no intention of getting reprimanded by a 40 year old veteran of Ford Parts because they interpreted that I was asking for the bushings and all...
If you don't post the facts you won't get diddly-squat. I've read enough of your posts to know you are (as you described yourself in one of them) a rookie.

You have next to no experience with these trucks, and yet you whine p!ss and moan when someone who does know, tries to help you.

I offered to look for the specific Ford cab mounting obsolete parts that you cannot buy from hardware/autoparts stores, but you ignored my offer.

I've done this for 1000's of people during my 4 years on internet Ford truck sites.

But, after reading you caca del toro response, I withdraw the offer... As far as I'm concerned, you're SOL.

btw: The parts fit all 1967/72 F100/250 2WD's, not just 1970 F100 2WD LWB's.

Last edited:

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
I'm not looking to find enemies in my life. Yes, I am a rookie when it comes to Ford repairs, but I was a diesel mechanic in the Marine Corps on AAV's, so I know my way around them. Sorry I got into a pissing match with you, but when someone backs me in a corner it is either fight or flight. More times than not, as a fault, I fight back.

I agree that you are way more knowledgeable about Ford parts than I could ever be. I joined this forum to get incite from experts like you on various topics. I appreciate all the help I can get, and regret that I offended you. Honestly, if I could take this thread away and start over I would.

Hope you can accept my apology...
Steven

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Well, have decided to return the Prothane kit back to Summit and order the full kit from Dennis Carpenter. With help from Bill, I contacted a few dealers that have the special upper and lower retainer washers. They are $40 for each washer... If my math is correct, that would be like $44 for the Prothane kit plus $320 for 4 upper and 4 lower retainer washers versus $100 for the complete kit from DC.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts