Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

stupid me

The other day I started to fix the Ranger up for the winter for when I park the 78 before the salt hits the roads. I just did some body work, had to take off the rear wheel well flare to take care of the rust that was starting. After the paint dried I was moving the truck back to the front off the house and it felt a little sluggish, so I took her for a little spin down the road, Coming back home I took her up to 55 mph and forgot that two weeks before I was under the hood and never did latch it back down all the way and the hood came straight up. What a feeling of losing all sight infront. I got the hood down as much as I could and limped her home. How does the hindge come out? Where it goes into the firewall what looks like a plate is welded in. On my Uncles 98 mazda the same plates are bolted? Anyway I bent the hinges back as best I could. I haven't bolted the hood back on to see how well its going to line up.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Dang man,that sucks.Did it bend the hood?I'm not sure on how the hinge is setup on the Rangers,but you could always strap the hood down or go with hood pins.lol.

Ford Truck Articles