Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

351 question..

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
hey all, i have been given a free running 351w it came out of a 94 van i was told.
what all am i going to need to do to swap this engine in to my truck? i know a same'ish year is pretty straight forward but i dont know about a winnie from the mid 90s...
what all from my 302 will swap over like manifold dizzy ect..
thanks for any help..
I want to run this engine until she kills over then its 393 baby!

Assuming this is going in your '94 you need the complete 5.8 EFI motor.. oilpan to throttlebody and including the distributor, because there really isn't much that will transfer from the 5.0. You also need a 28oz flexplate or flywheel to match your transmission, can't use the 50oz version on your 5.0, you can't use any wiring attached to the donor motor, and you may also need an 5.8 EEC unles your truck is already mass air. The motor will bolt right in on the existing engine mounts, but you'll also have to modify the exhaust to fit the taller and wider 5.8 motor. The accessory brackets should transfer from the 5.0 if needed.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Assuming this is going in your '94 you need the complete 5.8 EFI motor.. oilpan to throttlebody and including the distributor, because there really isn't much that will transfer from the 5.0. You also need a 28oz flexplate or flywheel to match your transmission, can't use the 50oz version on your 5.0, you can't use any wiring attached to the donor motor, and you may also need an 5.8 EEC unles your truck is already mass air. The motor will bolt right in on the existing engine mounts, but you'll also have to modify the exhaust to fit the taller and wider 5.8 motor. The accessory brackets should transfer from the 5.0 if needed.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly what i woulda said......

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!

thank you for all the info conanski! sorry but i should have said its going in the 79... and it will be carbed...

^^^^^^^^^^^^

exactly what i woulda said......

sure....... :p long time no see freaks hows life?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts