Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

94 E350 460 to 96 F350 460

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright boys and girls, Thunder has been sitting for a few months due to a bad 460, and the van has seen minimal use since the front seal blew on the tranny a couple weeks ago. I've decided to get rid of the E350, but since it has a great low mile 460, I was considering swapping it in to Thunder. However, I'm not entirely sure what this will take to make the E350 460 compatible with the F350 engine bay. I'm assuming accessories and locations might be a little different, but should be swappable. I'm also thinking oil pans would need to be swapped as well, and whatever other clearance saving things there may be. But everything is swappable, right? And everything should just plug back in to place, correct? And does the 460 from the van need to come out from the bottom, or just remove the front clip?

Thanks for any and all input.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright, seeing as both are one tons, and they're exempt in my area, emissions stuff shouldn't be an issue. Beyond that, everything else (ie sensors) should plug in to place?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
The 94 should be a EEC system and the 96 a OBDII
the intakes on some of the motors (not sure of the 460) had a different intake designed for them.
You may have to swap intakes for all the new sensors.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
The 94 should be a EEC system and the 96 a OBDII
the intakes on some of the motors (not sure of the 460) had a different intake designed for them.
You may have to swap intakes for all the new sensors.

Oh now I gotcha. Damn, I wasn't thinking about the 96 being OBDII, what kind of complications am I looking at there to swap over the essentials?

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Should just be the intake swap all the sensors etc should be on the intake. Check where the o2 sensors are you may have to swap the exhaust manifolds but they should be ok. Every thing above the intake could be different.
Just have a looks see and you can tell by looking what needs swapped over

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
As usual, thanks for the info Randy.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts