Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

caliper question

My 69 3/4 ton has a caliper that's started rattling around. In the past I'd shoot silicone caulk around the pins and and let it set up. This time I ordered a kit for it. The problem is that I don't know how to install the parts properly and can't find a diagram or something similar to give me a clue. Does anyone know where I can find something along those lines?

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
I'm not familiar with the parts on a 69 but maybe your local parts store has a haynes book you could glance through or someone who knows for sure will come along with the info. In the meantime I will try to search and see if I can come up with anything.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
My 69 3/4 ton has a caliper that's started rattling around. In the past I'd shoot silicone caulk around the pins and and let it set up. This time I ordered a kit for it. The problem is that I don't know how to install the parts properly and can't find a diagram or something similar to give me a clue. Does anyone know where I can find something along those lines?
Illustrated here: 1964/72 Ford Truck Parts Catalog / Illustration Section 21, Page 15.

I dunno if anyone on FTF has a parts catalog they can scan and post the above illustration from, so that leaves you with two choices.

1) You can buy a CD version of this parts catalog from hipoparts.com for about $22.00.

2) Contact GREEN SALES CO. (greensalescompany.com-513-731-3304), ask them to scan and then email you the illustration.

I'm usiing the parts catalog on microfiche, so I cannot help.

NOTE: 1968/71 F250 2WD (and F350) is the same. 1972, There are two different types: Before serial number M80,001 is the same as 1968/71. 1972's from serial number M80,001 is different.

The above illustration is for 1968/71's and 1972's before M80,001.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies Sean and Bill. I searched quite a while before I came and posted but had no luck obviously. There is a mechanic near me that used to work for Ford. I may see what he has to say about it or just break down and buy another manual. Thank you again, very much appreciated.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
If you don't buy that set from ebay maybe you can ask the seller to scan the page with the info you need and then toss him a few bucks through paypal or something. Extra money for him and you might get your answer if you don't want to buy the whole thing.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts