Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

remove entire post?

I would like to see a LOCKED post if a problem comes up
this way everyone would know WHY an op's post is LOCKED
or At Least a PM to the original poster to explain the delete.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
That would nice. I have spent time searching for threads that no longer exist. I think our site is secretly run by the KGB. :D

Bad threads go way, take long vacation to Siberia...

Instead of deleting the thread, delete the posts and post an explanation in the first post and lock it. Let it serve as a warning to others.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You can still view locked posts, you just can't reply. It's possible for a thread to be moved some place you don't have access to, ie Genreal conversatio to the lounge (if under 18) or to the Politics section (request access). Or they can remove it for only mod/admin eyes to see for course of action or just because it has no place on these boards. I'm on this place alot and don't see very many deleted...maybe a dozen or so. Do you have any idea what the thread title was, maybe I could help in finding it.

That would nice. I have spent time searching for threads that no longer exist. I think our site is secretly run by the KGB. :D

Bad threads go way, take long vacation to Siberia...

Instead of deleting the thread, delete the posts and post an explanation in the first post and lock it. Let it serve as a warning to others.

Yes Exactly!

Ben the post was
Tabel top Negro Fan

2lm6wz4.jpg

Part of the locking process involves citing a reason, so it's a matter of record.
Re-posting the offensive item twice can get you banned.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Damn...musta been gone before I saw it. I'da remembered something like that.

You didn't really think that thread would survive, did you?

I'm sure the site admins decided to delete it entirely as it wasn't the type of thing they want to see on their site. They don't owe an explanation to anyone...all that does is invite argument.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
I was not saying it should not have been deleted by any means.

What we are asking is for this, or other similar situations, is to leave the thread, delete all the posts, and replace the first post with the reason it is gone, so people will see it as a reference for what to not do in the future.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
nobody asked for your opinion. :D

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
I'll see what I can find out. I subscribed to monitor it but did not think it needed deletion at the time.

Here in Cali everything is in English and Spanish so I don't see the issue with it at all

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
The thread was moved, not because of he original post and pic but the comments had gone down hill during the course of the thread

Hope that helps

IMO> People just have to understand that a thread/posts had some unacceptable language in it.. No need for an explanation.

People have to use all of their mind,not just part of it

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts