Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Bed Tent FTW!!!

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
I recieved this last friday from Lazler (member on R/F). I was supposed to take it to the OBX meet, but it didnt come in time :( [not his fault, the canadian post messed up the address] Im buying it from him providing i like it...I freaking love it!!! So Laz, consider it sold...lol. My brother and I set it up yestersay evening to see how hard/easy it was. For the very first time assembling it, not so bad. I didnt have it perfect the first time, so i undid everything and started over and it turned out perfect (I think). hardes part was finding a good mounting place on the frame for the straps. Im going to buy the special air matress that fits around the wheel wells for it and take it camping soon hopefully to a lake or river!

SU1HMDAyNTIuanBn.jpg

SU1HMDAyNTcuanBn.jpg

007-29.jpg

008-26.jpg

(last two pics are Lazler's)

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Definitely cool, I highly suggest buying the air matteress, makes the experience that much better.

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
i most def will be doing so!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
i most def will be doing so!

Yeah...I haven't had any experience with your exact set up, but I have had experience with air mattresses for the Bronco and 8' beds. And the air mattress is sooooooooo much nicer than laying in a sleeping bag on ribbed sheet metal or plastic bed liner. I might suggest getting a rubber bed mat to go under the mattress though to prevent high spot wear.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
I've looked at those before...ball-park, what's the setup time (assuming you've done it before)?

My '97 Ranger has a cap on it, and I've slept under that plenty, but I don't want a cap on the '09...and I'm not a fan of sleeping in the driver's seat of Rangers. (Done it before, will do it again...but it ain't fun.) One thing I liked about camping under a topper was I could have my Therma-Rest and sleeping bag all rolled out, so if I ended up getting into wherever I was going late, all I had to do was turn off the truck, crawl in back, and go to sleep.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts