Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hi Nc

Whats been going on in here?I may be getting a new toy soon.is a 78/79 Ford F250 4X4 Crewcab.It has no drivetrain in it.Just a roller.And is missing the bed.I can get it cheap.What you guys think?

P5200001.jpg

P5230004.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What's up Tony, good to see ya. It would be pretty cool to have that ride. If you don't get it, give me the details.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hi Ben good to see you to,If I dont get it I will pass it on to you.

Alright...well don't get it, so I can. I know where a hot little drivetrain is for it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd love to see Red have a matching counterpart!

Me too...I'd really like to complete the trifecta kinda like Scott has. I have the Bronco and that will probably be the next beautifying project (not planning on a frame off with it). Really all it needs is some body work and paint. I'd go with the red/white tu-tone custom deluxe on it and if I don't care if they match I'd go with the dk met. brown, cuz I love that color when it's fresh. Then I'd like to tear back in to Red to take care of some cut corners the first time around and some flaws that have popped up over the last 7 years. That being said, if I could get a crew plopped in my lap that I could work slowly on, I wouldn't mind it...I'd probably do red and white on it as well, maybe white and blue.

But it all costs money...figure the Bronco would probably cost me 5-10k to do, Red would probably take 5k and if I got a crew like pictured I'd say an easy 10k. So 25k to get the rigs where I'd be happy...if anyone wants to donate to make this wish come true, I have paypal...hahaha. Alot of that cost though, would be in paint, I really need/want to learn how to paint ***well***.

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Me too...I'd really like to complete the trifecta kinda like Scott has. I have the Bronco and that will probably be the next beautifying project (not planning on a frame off with it). Really all it needs is some body work and paint. I'd go with the red/white tu-tone custom deluxe on it and if I don't care if they match I'd go with the dk met. brown, cuz I love that color when it's fresh. Then I'd like to tear back in to Red to take care of some cut corners the first time around and some flaws that have popped up over the last 7 years. That being said, if I could get a crew plopped in my lap that I could work slowly on, I wouldn't mind it...I'd probably do red and white on it as well, maybe white and blue.

But it all costs money...figure the Bronco would probably cost me 5-10k to do, Red would probably take 5k and if I got a crew like pictured I'd say an easy 10k. So 25k to get the rigs where I'd be happy...if anyone wants to donate to make this wish come true, I have paypal...hahaha. Alot of that cost though, would be in paint, I really need/want to learn how to paint ***well***.

Sounds like my plans, too. I want to have the extended cab and a crew. Maybe even a bronco in the mix. And they will all be matched, all restored to factory. That's a little ambitious for my current lack of income though.

As for the donation, when I win the lottery you're on the donation list. :D

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
As for the donation, when I win the lottery you're on the donation list. :D

Quoted so you can't back out. As for other trucks you listed, shoot don't even get me started...I'd also add a 79 350 SC 4x4 and a 59 250 4x4...but those are gonna be big bucks and extremely hard to find. Almost acquired the 79 once...but couldn't come up with another 3grand, the guy wanted 9k. As for the 59's, had my hands on one but it needed more work than I was ready to tackle. Also almost bought one a couple summers ago but it had a bumpside cab on the chassis.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Quoted so you can't back out. As for other trucks you listed, shoot don't even get me started...I'd also add a 79 350 SC 4x4 and a 59 250 4x4...but those are gonna be big bucks and extremely hard to find. Almost acquired the 79 once...but couldn't come up with another 3grand, the guy wanted 9k. As for the 59's, had my hands on one but it needed more work than I was ready to tackle. Also almost bought one a couple summers ago but it had a bumpside cab on the chassis.

Uh-oh! I guess I'm stuck! :D I almost had a 59 f-150(?); a tree fell on the passenger side of the cab. Was just restored. If I had the tools to fix it up, I would have jumped in, but I needed a DD.

I guess my ultimate goal is to recreate a Ford Truck ad for 77-79... In my garage! smilieFordlogo

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I still cant make my mind up the crew,the SCS,or a 79 Bronco

Damn Tony...why are you holding out on me. I'd be interested in either the CC or Bronco, so if you pass on either or both, please let me know.

I guess my ultimate goal is to recreate a Ford Truck ad for 77-79... In my garage! smilieFordlogo

I like the way you think

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Is that help for me or will it help you? I think I want a 4X4.Would be nice to have.

I guess it depends really on what you need. If you want a 4x4, you eliminated the SCS, but the CC looks like a good bit of work...so do you want a project? And do you really need something that big? Dunno what the Bronco looks like so maybe it's a driver maybe it's not...but will it be capable of handling what you throw at it?

Oh yea Ben the Bronco the guy is wanting $600 for it.

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in it. I've spent more on parts rigs.

Well you make since.The both need work.The CC needs more work then the Bronco.Both will handle what I need.I guess I need to do alot of thinking.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts