Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

460 year??

k ive got a 93 460 and its currently efi and i want it carbed for the project im doing what years can i go back to to get a carbed intake for it ??

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
It's slightly more involved than just an intake to go carbed, but if you have the right heads...I'd imagine any carbed intake would work.

Heads, headers, EGR and if I recall, even the distributor has a different pitch, no?
86 should be sufficient... the switch began around 87-88, without digging out my book. I'm sure someone else knows better.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
88 was the first year for the 460 for EFI.

it all depends on how much money your wanting to spend, and what your wanting to do. you could go aftermarket heads with matching intake and a good Carb.

as far as right heads its just a stock 460 believed to be a crate motor but not 100% posative and the motor is goin into a 87 Ford Ranger and its comeing out of a 93 F350 i should just be able to put a carb intake different distributor and go to town shouldnt i? what should i look at to know if i have the right heads to be able to throw any carbed intake on there?? thanks

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I believe you'll need heads from a carbed engine.

I concur...casting will be the best way to tell

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts