Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

top end kit for my 84

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
ok so i found this on jegs.com http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/2092/10002/-1
and im lookin for opinions on it...the heads i have on it now i bought used and are smaller than the ones in this kit and im just not happy with my current top end setup so i fugured id look into this a little bit, it says it has everything but pushrods and rocker arms, should i go for the set or should i buy all this individually? and if i go for the kit should i just use my current rocker arms and pushrods or should i get the ones of my factory ford heads that i still have or should i just buy new?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd buy the set. Typically it's matched up better than you piecing things together...and I bet it'll save you a headache firther down the road. I do have an issue with the heads though...don't have any experience with them on a SB, but IMO the Edelbrock heads aren't worth it. Sure they save some weight, but I don't think they perform much better than stock. As for any parts you're questioning on reusing or salvaging, I wouldn't...now is the time to go all new.

Ford Truck Articles