Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1997 F250 LD - Upgrade

llichter

Old but not dead yet
My truck has 175K miles and the manual transmission syncros are going, its difficult to find 1st and 3rd gear. Already replaced the preasure plate/clutch, master/slave, throwout bearing. I would like to replace the original 5sp with a 6sp, add a supercharger, headers and exhaust. I have a 4.6L(2V??) 2WD(runs well just want to soup up the old work truck, don't want to buy new) - If anyone has tried this what obstacles did you encounter (other than having to add forged pistons, new rods & bearings and possibly a new crank)?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
My truck has 175K miles and the manual transmission syncros are going, its difficult to find 1st and 3rd gear. Already replaced the preasure plate/clutch, master/slave, throwout bearing. I would like to replace the original 5sp with a 6sp, add a supercharger, headers and exhaust. I have a 4.6L(2V??) 2WD(runs well just want to soup up the old work truck, don't want to buy new) - If anyone has tried this what obstacles did you encounter (other than having to add forged pistons, new rods & bearings and possibly a new crank)?

I may know a thing or two about what you want to do. pm me and I'll get you my number. alot easier than typing it all out. LOL

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts