Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Is this Ford F150 4x4 a good deal?

davbell22602

1967 F100 Project Truck
1998 F150XL tritin supercab longbed, 4.6L v8, Automatic transmission 4wd, 221,xxx miles for $3900/bo. Looks good and seats little dirty. But it va state safety inspection and registeration expired 3/2010 because he bought a new truck. Thought about offering 3500 for it. Kelly Blue Book has 3800 for excellant and 3600 for good condition in private party value.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
if you're comfortable with the miles, I think I'd throw 3300 or 3400 and see how he reacts.

Ryan

davbell22602

1967 F100 Project Truck
The high miles doesn't bother me at all. As long as it gets me to point A to point B thats all I'm worried about. But I'm kinda concerned about how much life of the drivetrain, trany, transfer case, engine etc. has left if the hasn't already been replaced. The owner used it for personal construction business. What kind of MPG should I expect to get on this truck?

I have friend that knows some people that have the newer f150's and he said there over 300,000k or around 400,000k with no problems yet and still running.

Last edited:

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
personal work truck, i assure you its been worked hard and put up wet.
I would look else where, im sure the trucks drive line has been well used and will likely start needing fixing soon.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd definitely pass on that truck...my guess says he bought a new truck for a reason. Personally, I'd say the drivetrain is at the end of its life span, especially considering the life it more than likely had.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Come on down across the border to NC...I'll put you on a dozen good trucks from 95-2003 under 5k in about an hour.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts