Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Starting Question

Hey guys , I have a question early this morning went to turn my turck on and it wouldnt start after a few trys I looked under the hood for loose terminals and found the neg cable completely loose on the passenger side battery . I tightend it went to crank the engine and away she went . But now I tried turning on the truck with the same cable completely off and it still turned on so I guess my question is what do you guys think might have caused this problem this morning and the wether was good in the mid 60s Im in florida miami

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Both of your grounds off?

Truck shouldn't start with the battery ground disconnected...

I assume your truck is diesel and if so will have a dual battery set up...
Check both ground cables.
Did you recently have a stereo put in or something?

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Moved the thread in here guys, I am thinking along the same lines as Don.

Hey bud thx for ur reply . Um no I replaced a battery passenger side and just noticed that the neg cable wont go any tighter then already is while the terminal remains loose . And yes its a 7.3 Ford F-350 Powerstroke dual battery . By the way i just took off the terminal that was loose off and turned engine over and still crank on although other battery was connected on both terminals . And check this out I called Ford to replace the cable so i can go purchase it and replace myself abd it costs 70 buks they f......nuts:guns: 'smiliecrazy' these folks are nuts mannnnnnnnnnn wow lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts