Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Son's scrapping goldmine

blacksnapon

Staff member
Son had a large amount of old iron given to him for scrap. Problem is, model ts, packards, iron wheeled tractors, old refrigerators, etc. Seems a shame to just scrap this stuff, but understandably he needs the money. Too bad there isn't anyone wanting a lot of projects.

Scrap is fetching $210/ton here in Ky. Everybody is a scrapper all of the sudden. I saw an 1150 Massey Ferguson tractor with the awesome Perkins V8 in the local classifieds,before I could get over there to pick it up and give it a good home,and a good restoration,the guy had scrapped it. It's a shame,but it's kind of like the whole Cash For Clunkers thing,you can't really give somebody grief for doing what they want with their own property.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
It was an elderly couple that didnt get rid of anything. They've since passed away. The individual thats handling everything is only interested in the property, and wants all the "junk" gone so they can develop the property.

rambler

New Shoes......

you will probably need another dozer to pull that and someone with a lowboy to load it... hopefully the tracks are not frozen.

got more pics of that ? espcially the serial numbers? my FIL does dozer work, and also is restoring a old dozer, he may be interested in it. a little bit of a trip, but if its what he is looking for, might be interested.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Old iron like that goes for a pretty penny...
just sayin, the quick return will be alot less than if you took it somewhere and spent a little bit of time finding buyers for it.

blacksnapon

Staff member
you will probably need another dozer to pull that and someone with a lowboy to load it... hopefully the tracks are not frozen.

got more pics of that ? espcially the serial numbers? my FIL does dozer work, and also is restoring a old dozer, he may be interested in it. a little bit of a trip, but if its what he is looking for, might be interested.
Where would you find serial numbers?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Old iron like that goes for a pretty penny...
just sayin, the quick return will be alot less than if you took it somewhere and spent a little bit of time finding buyers for it.
But, when you have 5 hungry kids, and bills due right now (the buick next to the packard was crushed last night) you take what you can get.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
But, when you have 5 hungry kids, and bills due right now (the buick next to the packard was crushed last night) you take what you can get.

It's a shame he has to do that...but you gotta do whacha gotta do. However, every time old iron like that gets crushed...so does a kitten. So maybe he should rethink things...ahah.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts