Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

K&n Cold Air Intake Kit Question with Tornado Performance Booster

I went to order the K&N cold air intake kit and when ordering it, the rep. wanted to know if I wanted to order 2 Tornado Performance Booster to go with the cold air intake kit. I need 2 of them because I have duel intakes hoses. Would the Tornado Performance Boosters be worth getting and will it make any difference along with the K&N cold air intake? Any help or comments would be great!
Thanks again.

1996 Ford F250 7.5 V8

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
the cold air intake aint even worth getting. you have about the best setup for that truck the intakes are designed this way for a reason. the engine can only accept so much air before they lean out. thus the reason for a "restrictive" intake system. when you do mods to the truck and increase need for fuel and you satisfy the need for fuel there are other ways to get the more air than a "hot air intake".

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Chris is talkin about it being a "hot air intake" because usually CAI's draw the air in from inside the engine compartment which is actually alot warmer than outside air, unless the compartment can vent air out...

If it draws air through the grill or hood then yea its good, but if its drawing air from inside the engine compartment its a loss.

Yes you may gain power but that is due to a less restrictive filter that will alow more dirt and particles though, which means accelerated wear on your engine.

Chris, when you start doing exhaust mods and intake mod's a chip from a place such as superchips is recommended due to the reason you stated,
the engine breath's better but is getting "less" fuel.
To optimize these upgrades the computer needs retuned, superchips will get you a chip flashed for your particular truck with the upgrades you have done.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Agreed with these guys, most CAI's and the Tornado are nothing but snake oil.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts