Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

General Tires

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'd go with it...I had a set of their MT's on an 83 Bronco, and they held up very well IMO.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I just had someone tell that AT's gum up when they get wet.

They're not a perfect tire...some would even consider them a discount tire (and all the issues that entails), but for the money (10-20% cheaper than similar tires from other brands), I thought my MT's were pretty decent. But I persoanlly don't see how a tire can get gummed up just because it's wet...unless of course you're doing burn outs.

davbell22602

1967 F100 Project Truck
They're not a perfect tire...some would even consider them a discount tire (and all the issues that entails), but for the money (10-20% cheaper than similar tires from other brands), I thought my MT's were pretty decent. But I persoanlly don't see how a tire can get gummed up just because it's wet...unless of course you're doing burn outs.

There referring to gumming is same as sticky traction, I think.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I just had someone tell that AT's gum up when they get wet.

Not because they're wet, but they don't like gooey mud at all and will not want to clean properly...

I have the AT/2s on my 2by Yota and they do very well, for just about everything, I've gone to mountain resorts in 6" of snow and they do great (the slick bridge on the way down wasn't as fun though)....

All in all they are a good tire, picked mine up off of summit for under $350 and had them mounted/balanced for about $60, and that was almost 4 years ago... They're still over half tread and it's been my DD till I picked up the SHO...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts