Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Welcome to Mayberry

dixie_boysles

Joshua 24:15
MA, NC
If ya'll dont know, I live in Mayberry--The REAL Mayberry. You know....Andy Griffith, Barney Fife, Opie, Aunt Bea!? However the show was really filmed in Beverly Hills but the fictional town of Mayberry is based on Mount Airy, NC-Where I live. If you have ever watched the show, you have heard of places like Mount Pilot, floyd's Barber Shop, Snappy Lunch, Wally's Service Station...well we have them all. Of course Andy doesnt live here any more, he moved to Manteo a while ago.

Anyhow I have been wanting to get some pics of the truck by Wally's Service Station for a while now, but never could get the truck cleaned up in time before dark, so yesterday i skipped the gym, went and cleaned her up and took some pics. This is not open, its just really a tourist attraction for pics...lol

The sun was not workling for me, but the sky in the background was, it looked awesome!

Mayberry002.jpg

Mayberry003.jpg

Mayberry004.jpg

Mayberry006.jpg

Mayberry005.jpg

Mayberry012.jpg

Mayberry013.jpg

Mayberry014.jpg

Mayberry011.jpg

Mayberry009.jpg

Mayberry010.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Man that's awesome. It's been so long since I've heard about an Andy Griffith reference that I forgot it was based on Mt. Airy living. I may have to make a trip up that way. Pretty cool pics to say the least.

smokey

Hitech hillbilly
Staff member
Nice pics. Should be traveling that way in June.
I have bought a few things at a music shop in Mt Airy.I think it was the Olde Mill music shop. I was looking for a mandolin to add to my collection of stringed instruments.

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Nice Truck!!! That ain't the same wrecker Gomer chased Barney in hollering "Citizens Arrest" though!!! Ernest T. Bass must not be there either. There's no broken windows in those pictures!!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts