Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Guy

Been lurking here for a while now. I have a 77 f 250 4x4 highboy. Last week I bought a 1963 Ford 1 ton dump truck. Upon looking at it I noticed that the grill looked like a 1966 model. I checked the tag on the door and it matched the title. Would a grill from a 66 fit a 63 without mods or has sombody maybe changed the cab? I need a windshield gasket and would they be the same? I'm taking it for duel for exhaust next week what mufflers would sound the best without being to loud, and still sound good? It has a 390 motor. Thanks in advance: Mark YelloThumbUp

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Sorry, I'm not proficient on the slick 60's...but grille changing has been going on a loooooooong time and usually isn't that difficult besides altering some bracketry. 63 and 66 should be the same body style, so I'd imagine the windshield gaskets would be the same. As for exhaust, when it come to old steel, I prefer glass packs and I believe the sound the best. Just remember the shorter the length and bigger diameter they have the louder they will be. So if you want something not too loud but with a good rumble, you wouldn't want to go with anything shorter than 24" and probably nothing bigger than 2.5-3" in diameter. Hope this helps.

BTW...welcome aboard and get used to whoring out pics of your truck, we love seeing them.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts