Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Changing Injectors

My neighbor has a '97 T-bird w/ a 4.6 and cylinders 1 and 2 injectors are "supposed" to to be bad any special tools needed to R&R them? (Injectors are already purchased)

I don't know anything other than it has some drivabilty issues; She said that that it's sputtering/ cutting out, she had code pulled at autozone and was told misfire on 1 and 2 (IIRC she just had a tune up done as well as 2 other injectors)

Thats all I know at the moment, will update as I learn more..

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I wish I'd looked at the mod motors a little closer...but if it's anything like these old fuel injected engines...you bleed the pressure via schrader valve...unbolt the rail and pull it off the top of the injectors then just pull them out.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
I ran mine over once with an excavator...the ground was soft enough that it didn't do anything but put ridges in the rubber...and yes, here's to hoping..sorry i couldn't be of more help!

Aaron, you can call me if you need another brain to think it through...
Pm sent...
Work celly, personal got ran over when i was on the grader.

replied..

I ran mine over once with an excavator...the ground was soft enough that it didn't do anything but put ridges in the rubber...and yes, here's to hoping..sorry i couldn't be of more help!

right on, no prob.. :beer:

Haven't even looked at it yet..

Trying to figure out how big of a pita it is first..

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Well the easiest thing to do is go look at it...
On my truck i would give it 4 stars out of 10 on difficulty...
Not quite cake, but still pretty simple.
The passenger side jumps to a 7 due to having to pull the upper intake plenum... Which is a pain...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts