Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

programmers/tuners ?????????

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Aaron had one on his truck. Wasn't impressed, as I recall.

klatt_89

Gotta Be Somebody
I really haven't been impressed with the one Lane had on his 03 F-150 that has flowmasters, cold air, and a spacer (tb spacer doesn't do much but neways), he has a superchips programmer and wasn't really impressed, but on the 7.3L stroker that his dad has, well that's another story :) Sad thing is the white Ford has some nice black on it....

Bullydog seems to do well for diesel applications (I'm going out on a limb and saying I'd trust their gasoline tuners). I was interested in one someone on this forum was selling but they sold it before I could nab it...

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Tuners dont do awhole lot for the gas applications, if you do exhaust mods' intake's heads cams or whatever then an aftermarket chip programmed to take advantage of your performance mods will be of a big help...

I got an SCT X3 with custom tunes. 87 Economy 91 Tow and 91 Performance. I got a dual exhaust and thats its. I have nothing bad to say about it. I love it and it really woke my truck up.

Also I dont know about that bully dog one. I have heard with gas motors you cant change settings while the engine is running unlike diesels. Might be wrong but thats what I was told.

New to this forum, but have spent a lot of time on others. From my research, the gryphon from powerhungryperformance.com is the best out there, with edge being the next. The gryphon is close to the same, but you can upgrade if over the internet via e-mail, where the edge needs to be sent back for a reprogram. So if you put a CAI and cat back exhaust, just call them up and tell them what you've done, they can send you a tune. And if you have an Edge, they can upgrade it to a Gryphon. I'm not sure, but I think the designer of the Edge started his own company and is now selling the Gryphon, based on the same design. The guys I've talked to with one really love it. It will be my next purchase after a grill guard (a lot of deer where I live).
Here's a link:

http://www.powerhungryperformance.com/_gryphon.html

Good luck

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts