Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

06 F250SD Re-Fuelling issues

Having trouble re-fuelling our 06 F250. Can't get fuel into the tank without it shutting off the auto nozzle. Is this a common problem? Any easy fix??

I've never seen this on Ford's, but is reminiscent of what my brother goes through with his Chev pickup, and Pontiac car. He has to clean his fuel tank vent valves regularily. Does this Ford have something similar???

Thanks in advance..

Sheldon (CoopersCoupe)

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
The only problem I have ever had with it was if the truck was running I noticed it doing it. I can't say it does it anymore but that might be something to think about, and if it is off I would just say I hate those ****ing vapor recory BS they have at the pumps now. LOL

My problem is with the truck turned off. It takes me 10-15 minutes to fill. I mean painfully slow. I've only had the truck about 3 weeks, so only done a few fills.

Thought maybe there was a tank vent, or something I could get at without dropping the tank. Nothing looks easy at first glance, and I don't have a shop manual yet.

5.4L Gas is it makes any difference.

I had a 99 F250 SD that did that and I found if I didn't put the nozzle all the way in the file tube it work OK. It wouldn't shut off then and when I look at it to see what was the matter it had to do with the way the filler tube was and against the pump nozzle.

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
You need to pull out a little on it. Find right place. All are F450 do that. Here tho we don't have lock on option .

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Isn't there some kind of charcol canister system or some kinda b.s. i remember i had a work truck that was like that, quite honestly took 15 min to fill up... Dont seem like much but when your standing there holding the damn handle its a long time.

Having trouble re-fuelling our 06 F250. Can't get fuel into the tank without it shutting off the auto nozzle. Is this a common problem? Any easy fix??

I've never seen this on Ford's, but is reminiscent of what my brother goes through with his Chev pickup, and Pontiac car. He has to clean his fuel tank vent valves regularily. Does this Ford have something similar???

Thanks in advance..

Sheldon (CoopersCoupe)
HAD THE SAME PROBLEM W MY 06, THE VENT LINE BEHIND THE FUEL FILL IS KINKED , SEEMS LIKE I TOOK THE LINE OFF AND BLEW AIR INT THE LINE I THINK THERE WAS A CHECK VALVE OR SOMETHING THERE, ANYWAY MY PROBLEM WENT AWAY WHEN I TOOK AIR TO IT.smilieFordlogo

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts