Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Engine swap

Has anyone swapped a newer 4.6 or 5.4 triton and tranny into their truck? How much work was involved? ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!! Currently have the I6/C6 and its burning oil pretty bad. Have a motor to swap but am looking into maybe going with a newer motor for better mpg etc

Thanks Joe

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Has anyone swapped a newer 4.6 or 5.4 triton and tranny into their truck? How much work was involved? ANY HELP APPRECIATED!!! Currently have the I6/C6 and its burning oil pretty bad. Have a motor to swap but am looking into maybe going with a newer motor for better mpg etc

Thanks Joe

I've had people suggest it to me plenty of times,but I wouldn't personally do it.I'm willing to bet it's alot of work.

well im just wondering since i can get a 2002 5.4 and tranny for 1000 with 120k on them.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
well im just wondering since i can get a 2002 5.4 and tranny for 1000 with 120k on them.

I'm sure you can just get another 300 or a 302 for the same price,maybe even rebuilt.You can buy that 5.4 for 1,000,but you're still gonna have to pay for all the mods you'll have to do to make it work.I'm not an expert on the newer trucks,but i'd imagine since the 5.4 is computer controlled,you'd have to work out some kind of computer system for the engine to run properly.

it comes with all the wiring harnesses for the engine and tranny not cut or anything

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts