Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

03 F150 Detail

I did this detail a while back, thought I would post it up for you. I really love the color, and the FX4 stickers are some of the only ones I have ever liked... enjoy.

Exterior Cleaning
ONR
OPC at 3:1
Diablo at 3:1
Raceglaze XL and SV style brushes
VX5000

Correction
Makita
Uber Green and Blue
M105 & M205

LSP
BF Wet Diamond

Interior
VX5000
1z Cockpit Premium
Stoners IG
OPC at 5:1

DSCN0365.jpg

DSCN0375.jpg

I hate dealer stickers with a passion. soaked it in 3M and then hit it with the steam and it fell right off!

DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

Wheels were done by the Dave KG method, a little bit of Diablo and some preagitation, hit um with some steam and wala!

DSCN0386.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0389.jpg

I measured the paint with my highline II and was semi disappointed, readings in the 90-100 range... the tailgate had reading in the 50-70 range! Needless to say I did no correction on the gate...

I wanted to try some new compounds so I initially was going to just one step it with S03+ but it was hologramming and marring a ton.. so I tried M105, almost no holograming but still plenty of marring, so I grabbed SIP and for the first time ever it was leave some marring and holorgramming... WTF!!!

This was the first time I tried to one step and failed... Usually SIP on Green is a one step monster... not today. I was happy with the amount of defect removal from the 105 and after chasing with 205 the paint looked great!

This was honestly the hardest correction I have ever done... don't know what was going on.. paint was just kind of a PITA...

I couldn't catch the defects with my camera at all so I did one 50/50 and gave up... all you get is afters :D

DSCN0411.jpg

All Done!

DSCN0392.jpg

DSCN0393.jpg

BFWD FTW!!!
DSCN0426.jpg

DSCN0449.jpg

DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0441.jpg

DSCN0414.jpg

DSCN0423.jpg

DSCN0416.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Holy CRAP! :drool: I know nothing about what you did here or any of those acronyms... Could you please elaborate on the materials/compounds you used to bring your paint back to that condition?

I used my Makita 9227C buffer, 3M UK backing plate and 5.5" buffing pads. For compounds I used Meguiars 105 and 205. Then I topped it off with some Blackfire Wet Diamond paint sealant.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
looks real good! I need mine to look like that! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Its gonna take more than a buffer to make mine look that good! LOL

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I'll see if I can get some pics tomorrow....

Well that was a wash, clay, two stage correction, two coats of sealant, full interior steam cleaning, carpet extraction, interior protection.

Good detailing takes a long time!

But this truck was exceptionally dirty...

KillaF150

Round here it's either muddy, raining, or dusty. so my truck rarely stays clean for more than 2 days. where do get all your cleaning products from?

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts