Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1958 4 x 4 for sale

I'm a little suspect as to how a '58 has a flathead V8 when a six or Y block V8 would be correct for that era.

Broncodawg

Bleeds Ford blue blood
I have a 4x4 58, but not factory. Ford didn't start building 1/2 ton 4x4s until 1959, but didn't know that when I found mine and was thinking if this is the first Ford 4x4 year it would be valuable. No such luck, but still a great score. Sorry, no pics from work.:(
It's the 3/4 ton 4x4s that Ford farmed out before making themselves later in the 60s.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Dragging this one up from the dead. I know for a fact that 59 was the first year for factory F250 4x4's and I wanna say the same for the 150's. Any year before that is either hacked together or a Marmon Herrington conversion...this was the main company that Fords were outsourced to for drivetrain enhancements.

Generalities

I don't see much happening right now. So, I thought, how about I put up a few photos of my '53 F-100. It has been taken apart and now is in the process of installing the IRS from a '96 Tbird. The 4.6 engine and harness is on the floor. I got a great deal on a new set of headers for it and a 'cold air kit' 2nd hand.
The tinted windows are already in with new moldings and 'whisker' strips.
Woops! I'll have to resize my photos. Be back later.

Ford Truck Articles