Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Going to pick up my new motor on the 13th.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have to drive to IN to get it but the guy was nice enough to meet me there instead of the 6 hour drive it would have been. Here are some pics of it....

PictureorVideo065.jpg

PictureorVideo066.jpg

PictureorVideo067.jpg

PictureorVideo068.jpg

PictureorVideo069.jpg

PictureorVideo083.jpg

PictureorVideo084.jpg

0321091652-1.jpg

PictureorVideo080.jpg

PictureorVideo081.jpg

0321091650.jpg

0321091651.jpg

Valves.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Truck still sits where she was. Roads too bad to safely trailer anything right now. I will try to get to it later to let MODOT do there work.

It is a stock 2V motor. I am going to throw a forged crank and new eagle rods in it. I am going to use the lightning pistons and have the rotating assembly balanced. Should be able to handle up to 750 hp at that point. I am going to have it put together by a machine shop that way I know its done right.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Truck still sits where she was. Roads too bad to safely trailer anything right now. I will try to get to it later to let MODOT do there work.

It is a stock 2V motor. I am going to throw a forged crank and new eagle rods in it. I am going to use the lightning pistons and have the rotating assembly balanced. Should be able to handle up to 750 hp at that point. I am going to have it put together by a machine shop that way I know its done right.

Heard that one before....make sure they are reputable who ever you take it to. New engine looks good man. Oh, and make sure the shop warranties their work...on paper if you can get it.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I hear ya.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
You know what's funny Doc? I may have blown up my motor too, BUT i had a spare ready to go FIRST. :p

Hehehe

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah I have been looking for a spare for a while. LOL but had to wait for this guy to get back ahold of me.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Picked up the motor today! Man I got ALOT more than I thought I was going to with it. EVERYTHING from the TB to the oil pan! for $300.. Damn good deal! Now if there is nothing wrong with my block then I have enough stuff to build two complete motors.smiliegitrdone

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I gotta get the block heat tanked. then get the bearing kits and gasket sets and what not. then I will send it off to be assembled.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Here are some shots of the stuff I got.....

Photo0153.jpg

Photo0152.jpg

Photo0151.jpg

Stock 5.4 Pistons which I am going to use they are brand new.
Photo0146.jpg

Lightning Pistons Used but should be good for another motor build.
Photo0147.jpg

Photo0149.jpg

Photo0148.jpg

Photo0145.jpg

Photo0150.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts