Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Uh oops....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Well I am afraid I may have overboosted the truck today and my piston slap I am pretty sure got worse... I am going to baby it and see how far I can get, but I am talking to another gentleman about a spare motor so I can have it here just in case... this one will be built to handle more hp so we shall see...

Oh well I knew I was in trouble with it but what do you do. It may not be that but I don't know. I got up to 9#'s today on the interstate and it sounded like a real bad spark knock. So maybe I just leaned out but now I have a stumble at idle. So when it warms up a few more degrees I will pull the plugs and see what they look like.

HAHA I figured I would make it more than 1 day with the truck!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Oh well I found a complete lower end for 300 in Kentucky.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Serious question, Doc- is it all worth it?

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
timing? bad tune??

me and my friend just test drived his new lighting today woo that thing hauls..
2.5 stage cams
built lower
major head work
stock blower

with the stock tune it was like a dog.. but he got his tune from dynoDan and just uploaded it and done :D

Well I am afraid I may have overboosted the truck today and my piston slap I am pretty sure got worse... I am going to baby it and see how far I can get, but I am talking to another gentleman about a spare motor so I can have it here just in case... this one will be built to handle more hp so we shall see...

Oh well I knew I was in trouble with it but what do you do. It may not be that but I don't know. I got up to 9#'s today on the interstate and it sounded like a real bad spark knock. So maybe I just leaned out but now I have a stumble at idle. So when it warms up a few more degrees I will pull the plugs and see what they look like.

HAHA I figured I would make it more than 1 day with the truck!

Homer3-2.jpg

Doc's wife>'wtf'

Doc>:argue:<Doc's wife

Doc>'balls'

Doc's wife>:icon_mecker:'hiding_smilie' <Doc

Doc's wife>:nutkick:<Doc

Doc>:hammer:<Doc's wife

Doc's wife>:slap:<Doc

Doc>:fan:<Doc's wife

Doc>:spank:<Doc's wife

'drama'

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Doc's wife>'wtf'

Doc>:argue:<Doc's wife

Doc>'balls'

Doc's wife>:icon_mecker:'hiding_smilie' <Doc

Doc's wife>:nutkick:<Doc

Doc>:hammer:<Doc's wife

Doc's wife>:slap:<Doc

Doc>:fan:<Doc's wife

Doc>:spank:<Doc's wife

'drama'

Good thing she doesn't know yet....

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Serious question, Doc- is it all worth it?

Every bit! Seriously. I think I can milk her by till i can build the new motor but for long trips we will be taking the wifes...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I made it home that day with no problems other than the stunble so I will check it out in the morn or afternoon today...

Is your truck turbo or SC? (i assume SC at >9lbs).. in either case, you might want your PCM tuned.

leaning out is the WORST, lol, buddy of mine cracked a 302 in half with NOS after leaning out

What you using for head gaskets and piston rings?..

i know stock or stock replacement rings dont like to handle boost at all..

Im more familliar with turbo tuning, same principles though

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Yeah the computer was tuned in at 6 psi on the dyno cause that is all we made. But when I got to the interstate and passed another car I pulled 9 psi. So I am going to talk to my tuner on Mon. and see what we can come up with...

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
HAHA so I took the wife to breakfast this morning let the truck warm up, and all i noticed was the stumble every once in a while. Anyway we were driving along and I pulled into traffic and hit the throttle, not too bad, just enough to boost up, and all I hear from her is " Well that sound is annoying!" I was LMAO My oldest loves the blower whine, she says "Daddy, you got a police motor!"

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Maybe, I am planning for the worst and hoping for the best.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
yeah hopefully you just fouled a plug. thats about all it sounds like to me. is it hesitating when you WOT? if not you may have slightly fouled a plug. have had that problem a many of times with my trucks. have a slight miss at idle but when im WOT it is smooth as can be.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I have noticed a slight and I mean very slight hesitation upon WOT but she runs fine. I am still gonna look into another motor that I can build to handle the more hp. Say like 600. then I'll stop with the power! LOL

LOL you still didnt answer me.. Turbo? or Supercharger?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts